On December 20, 2016, the Religious Education students at Saugus Catholics Collaborative delivered M&Ms that they collected to the the Saugus Fire Department. The program is a tribute to our First Responders from the students. Pictured here, from left to right, are: Olivia Scire, Captain Rick Porter, Donna Zinna, and Jessica Bremberg.
SCY 365 is a new fundraiser initiative by Saugus Catholics Youth aiming to support the youth of our collaborative 365 days of the year.
We aim to raise young growing disciples in love with Christ and His Church, transforming their homes, schools, and communities by lives lived in and for the love of God. With over 300 teens already active in our programs and hundreds more to reach, we asked the question: What would it look like for our collaborative family to join us on this mission? What would it look like for our entire collaborative to reach out in support of our youth every day of the year? What would it mean in the lives of over 300 teens in our collaborative?
Throughout the month of January, we will set up a SCY 365 Big Board in the Halls of each parish. The Big Board will have the donation amounts between $1 and $365, each corresponding to a day of the calendar year beginning January 1, 2017 (i.e. $1 – January 1st, $2 – January 2nd, etc.). We invite you to consider investing in the spiritual lives of our parish's teens by choosing an amount to donate between $1 and $365.
Donations can be made in honor of your own children or other loved ones. Choose an amount corresponding to an important event, anniversary, birthday, etc.
In return for your investment in our collaborative youth, you will receive:
- A personal thank you from our youth ministry team
- Emails of youth ministry highlights to see the fruit of your investment
- Prayers for your personal intentions on the date/week corresponding to your donations from our teens and in our Sunday 6 PM Youth Mass
PUTTING IT TO USE
If our collaborative family steps up to fill each square on the SCY 365 Big Board, we will be able to raise over $66,000 to support our vision of youth ministry! These funds will be used to support our:
- Sunday Decision Point and Alpha Confirmation Preparation and Friday Young Faith experiences
- Developing new High School and Middle School summer series
- Teen leadership development
- Ongoing training and Development of our Youth Ministry Adult Team
- Trips, events, and missions for our teens
- Scholarships for trips, events, and missions so no teen is turned away for financial reasons
- Building fund for a future multi-use SCY space and Youth Room
The Saugus Catholics Collaborative is a 501-3C non-profit organization so all gifts are tax deductible.
Click here to make a donation to SCY 365